I tried to come up with some witty paragraph to start this off, but it just wasn’t happening. So, here are some things I can’t live without (or, at least, I don’t want to live without them!):
- Chanel glossimer in #04 Spark. This is a great color by itself or on top of your favorite lipstick. It has a great shimmer to it. I always receive tons of compliments when I wear this!
- Clinique Redness-reducing make-up. It really works. It has excellent coverage and yet is not heavy at all. I wear very little and it keeps my pink cheeks from showing up at the end of the day.
- my comfy house shoes-a little sad-looking, I know, but no one gave me new ones for Christmas
- Caphalon family size skillet. I use this just about every day
- nifty little strawberry tool (my kids love strawberries and eat about a package per day)
- iPhone (absolutely CANNOT live without this)
- my sewing machine-I have my eye on a Bernina, but it just ain’t happenin’ yet
- favorite coffee cup from Starbucks-John serves me coffee in this every single morning. He is such a doll.
- Redkin 10-guts for the new super-cute do. Actually, I have used this stuff for about 10 years now and I would rather where a paper sack on my head than try to style my hair without it!
Shouldn't be hard-can you find all 9 items?
I think I will stop there. I’m sure I could think of more, but I don’t want to exhaust my reader!
Posted in Ponderings
Tags: Bernina, Caphalon, Chanel glossimer, Clinique, coffee, coffee cup, family, hair, house shoes, Iphone, LIFE, Redkin, Redkin guts, sewing machine, Singer sewing machine, skillet, slippers, spark, starbucks, strawberries
It is amazing what a new haircut and color can do for a person. I got my hair cut and got some highlights and lowlights put in it, and now I am a new woman! My new hairstylist guru Michael at Christy’s Hair Studio and Spa http://www.facebook.com/pages/Christys-Hair-Studio-and-Spa/110067149039025 in downtown Big Spring is a true artist. I have several friends who have gone to him for years and one day I just decided that it was time for me to give him a try. Trying out a new stylist can be a very nerve-racking experience. I went to the same girl for over 10 years. She is located in north Austin and I am in West Texas. The haircuts were becoming few and far between. Yet, I was still having a hard time finding someone in my area. But, I am so glad that I finally took the steps to find someone new. Like I was saying before, I am a new woman! I have not received so numerous compliments on my hair in a very, very, very long time (maybe never). My husband loves it. My friends love it. Even my 5 year-old son has been telling me that my hair looks really pretty. I would even venture to say that my non-friends (if I have any) are quite envious of the new do! Can you tell it has given me some new found confidence? If anyone is in need of a stylist, I would like to HIGHLY recommend Michael. He is a Picasso. The cat’s meow. The cherry on top. Cooler than the other side of the pillow. Amaaaaazing!
He also gave Sam a haircut. I don’t know if it has had the same effect on him. I haven’t been able to get him to let me do the fauxhawk since that day. (Big frowny face!)
Posted in Ponderings
Tags: Austin, Big Spring, Christy's Hairs Studio and Spa, confidence, fauxhawk, guru, hair, haircut, happy, highlights, lowlights, stylist, West Texas, WOMEN