This is just a short clip of the darling daughter being her adorable self. I am loving this stage in her life. The new words she acquires daily (it seems), the personality coming to life, and watching her discover new things. Enjoy!
Tag Archives: family
Everyone needs a title. At least, when we took a Growing Kids God’s Way class they taught us that the adults in your children’s lives should have a title. Don’t allow them to just call adults by their first name. This is not showing respect. Therefore, my cousin Jerry who we are blessed to get to spend time with about once or twice a year has a title with our children. I did not want them calling him “Mr. Jerry”-this seemed too impersonal. Mr. McBride-too formal. Uncle Jerry-too confusing (my little dude just asks too many questions and this would lead to confusion for him). Since Jerry is my cousin, we decided that our kiddos would call him “Cousin Jerry”. It works for us.
Cousin Jerry has a lake house that he so graciously allows us to use for one week out of the summer. He is my honey’s favorite cousin. They connect on many levels. Both are business owners, both are hard workers, both love the Lord, both love the lake, they are outdoorsmen and both love me (ha!). Last summer, Jerry took my honey and the little dude out on his fishing boat. This was the little dude’s first time to go fishing. He was super excited! And also a little unsure of that big fish!
The little dude started t-ball about a month ago. We were driving home from his first practice and he said, “Mommy, you know who my fishing coach is, don’t you?” I said, “No. Who?” He said, “Cousin Jerry, silly!” So, thank you, Cousin Jerry. Thank you for being a part of my life and the life of my son. Every boy needs good men in his life. You are a good man. Happy Birthday to you!
I tried to come up with some witty paragraph to start this off, but it just wasn’t happening. So, here are some things I can’t live without (or, at least, I don’t want to live without them!):
- Chanel glossimer in #04 Spark. This is a great color by itself or on top of your favorite lipstick. It has a great shimmer to it. I always receive tons of compliments when I wear this!
- Clinique Redness-reducing make-up. It really works. It has excellent coverage and yet is not heavy at all. I wear very little and it keeps my pink cheeks from showing up at the end of the day.
- my comfy house shoes-a little sad-looking, I know, but no one gave me new ones for Christmas
- Caphalon family size skillet. I use this just about every day
- nifty little strawberry tool (my kids love strawberries and eat about a package per day)
- iPhone (absolutely CANNOT live without this)
- my sewing machine-I have my eye on a Bernina, but it just ain’t happenin’ yet
- favorite coffee cup from Starbucks-John serves me coffee in this every single morning. He is such a doll.
- Redkin 10-guts for the new super-cute do. Actually, I have used this stuff for about 10 years now and I would rather where a paper sack on my head than try to style my hair without it!
I think I will stop there. I’m sure I could think of more, but I don’t want to exhaust my reader!
Tonight for dinner, John requested a hearty soup. I found this one on www.allrecipes.com and have made it once before. Since I had all of the ingredients on hand (minus the beer), and it is such a cold day here, I decided that Slow Cooker Chicken Taco soup is what we will be dining on tonight. Here is the link http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-Taco-Soup/Detail.aspx and here is a picture.
Also on the menu are Apple Dumplings. Here is the link and a picture. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apple-Dumplings-I-2/Detail.aspx
Doesn’t this just look delicious. I found this recipe by typing in two ingredients that I knew I had to work with-apples and biscuits. I just know the family is going to love them!
What’s for dinner at your house tonight?