I was looking for a picture on my husband’s iPhone. I found a bunch of pictures! Including these pictures that were taken when I was on a “girl” trip last fall. This is what the man does with the two small children when I am not around to be their safety net. They made some great memories and I’m sure there will be many more because I NEED my “girl” trips!
- The five year-old. He loves this stuff!
- Took the 17 month-old out shooting. He remembered to protect her ears. Good Daddy!
- Riding in the Mule
We tried a new dish in our home tonight. Quinoa with black beans. Here is the link http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quinoa-and-Black-Beans/Detail.aspx. From what I understand about this grain, it is supposed to be extremely nutritious for you. I am on an adventurous kick in my cooking right now and I am always on the look-out for meals that are both tasty and healthy. So here is our family review and how it panned out.
Quinoa with Black Beans-it's a keeper
- Mommy: loves it and plans on making it again.
- The five-year old: cried when he saw it and said it looks nasty. However, the rule in our house is that you will eat what Mommy serves or you can have a taste of vinegar on your tongue. (He really hates this one, but it is the only thing that we could come up with that works. Hopefully, I won’t be telling him this when he is seventeen.)
- The 21-month old: cried and spit it out when I put it in her mouth. Mommy and toddler had a wrestling match and, finally, toddler decided to cave. She does like beans and I think she saw one in there. Also, we brought out the pretzels and she wanted some. I told her that she had to take a bite first and, miracle of all miracles, she opened her mouth wide and took a bite. I got about 8 bites down her (until we ran out of pretzels).
- Daddy: “It’s pretty good.” The fact that he ate this as a main course and did not pull out some meaty leftovers is a big plus. And, he went back for seconds and finished it all off.
So, for our final review of the quinoa-we will definitely add this to our repertoire of recipes.